Master in Sociology, Focus on Migration and Ethnic Studies
In a Nutshell
The MA in Sociology, with a focus on Migration and Ethnic Studies at the University of Liège is a two-year full-English master programme. The aim of this master is to provide students with a critical view of society and a focus on phenomena linked to migration. In this regard, the master offers an innovative multidisciplinary approach taking into account political, sociological, legal and economic aspects of migration.
Key Facts & Figures
Mode of study
Application deadline (EEA)
Discover the full programme and courses on ULiège's website.
The master is part of the EuMIGS network. Students can follow three paths to complete the two-year (120 ECTS) programme:
- Two-year degree in ULiège
- Two-year degree in ULiège, including one semester exchange in one of the 12 partner universities of the EuMIGS Network. For more information, click here.
- Two-year double EuMIGS degree, with one master’s degree in Sociology, with a focus on Migration and Ethnic studies from ULiège and one master’s degree from one of the 6 partner universities in Germany, Sweden, Spain, Austria, or Switzerland. For more information, click here.
- Migration experts in NGOs, foundations, development banks and agencies, and other not-for-profit organisations;
- Junior professional officers for international institutions such as the International Organisation for Migration (IOM), the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) or the International Labor Office (ILO);
- Migration and diversity managers for government, development agencies and local authorities;
- Researchers for academic institutions, think-tanks and NGOs;
- Specialised journalists and diplomats.
Interested in applying?
For more information
For more information on this programme, go to the master's page on the website of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Liège.
Dr. Marco Martiniello: M.Martiniello@uliege.be
Yowali Kabamba: firstname.lastname@example.org